This is a mineral clay also known as “rhassoul”, and applying a ghassoul face mask is one of the best natural treatments for dull, oily,, dry, sensitive or acne-prone skin. It helps to improve the epidermis’ health and vitality in depth while relaxing the face’s features because of its high essential mineral content.
What is Ghassoul?
Ghassoul forms naturally in the mountainous regions of Morocco, the only ghassoul-producing country in the world. This clay soil is extracted from the rocks and has been used for centuries as a tradition to gently cleanse impurities from the skin and hair. Rich in vitamins, minerals and trace elements such as iron, zinc, magnesium, phosphorous and silicon, ghassoul has cleansing, soothing, absorbing and regenerative properties.
Preparing and Applying a Ghassoul Face Mask
A ghassoul face mask is easy to use and can be made at home very quickly. All you need to do is mix 3 teaspoons of ghassoul with equal parts warm water to make a creamy paste and apply it directly to the face after lightly cleansing the skin. Just apply the ghassoul paste with your hands and to massage it into your skin gently by making circular motions on your face and neck. The oilier your skin, the longer the mask must remain. Let it work on the most sensitive skin for about 5 minutes, on normal and combination skin for 10 to 15 minutes, and on oily skin for about 15 to 20 minutes. Afterwards, remove it with a hot, moist cloth. After removing the ghassoul face mask, you should rinse your skin with warm water or clean it lightly with cotton, then moisturize it thoroughly with a gentle oil such as argan oil.
The Benefits of a Ghassoul Face Mask
- It’s a detoxifier: Thanks to its high mineral content, rhassoul has natural antimicrobial properties. Applied as a facial mask, it effectively detoxifies your skin and cleanses harmful substances from the surface. The clay absorbs the toxins, which restores your face’s softness and tone.
- It’s a mineral reconstitute: Because it is rich in minerals like magnesium, sodium, calcium, silicon, iron and aluminum, applied as a mask, ghassoul replenishes the skin’s mineral content. Older skin often lacks minerals because of the effects of aging.
- It’s a natural cleanser: A naturally cleaning clay, ghassoul acts on the surface by eliminating unwanted dirt and on the pores by regulating and absorbing excess sebum. It also cleans blackheads and pimples to make them disappear. Its gentle cleansing power helps naturally control acne and excess oil.
- It has anti-aging properties: Ghassoul is rich in silica, which is one of the best anti-aging minerals, and is a powerful anti-wrinkle skin care. Applied as a mask at least once a week, it moisturizes the skin and restores its youthful elasticity and firmness.
- It’s an exfoliant and clarifier: Thanks to its rich mineral composition, ghassoul also helps reduce skin dryness and improves its clarity, even for the driest, most sensitive and porous skin. By eliminating layers of dead skin, it unclogs pores and can be used to naturally exfoliate the face.
When applied at least once or twice per week, using a ghassoul face mask will quickly become one of your essential beauty routines.